My plan for the 3D-printed add-on was to create a simple grip for the Apple TV remote that would allow it to fit in a hand a bit more comfortably.
I initially wanted the grip to fit around the entire remote, but realized that this would make it too large to print on the Ultimaker. I settled on this simple ellipsoidal design with a cut-out for the remote to slide into:
I brought it into Cura only to find that with minimal settings applied, it would still take about four hours to print:
I went to attempt to print on the Ultimaker several times (in the few blocks of time where I would have four hours free to watch it print to completion), and the printer was occupied each time. Also, one of the Ultimakers seems to be nonfunctional at the moment…. Therefore, I have not, as of this writing, had an opportunity to actually print my model 😦