Final Dillo Prototype

I went into LaGuardia for a consult last week and discovered several issues that I needed to fix.

For one, I realized that the Tango material I want to use, while flexible when printed thin, becomes hard when printed thick/solid, so I had to hollow out my model instead of simply making grooves for my armor plates as initially planned.

I also rounded out the inserted plates to prevent them from tearing the Tango material.

Here are some images of what I will be printing:

Screen Shot 2016-10-11 at 1.50.37 PM.png

Screen Shot 2016-10-11 at 1.49.05 PM.png

Screen Shot 2016-10-11 at 1.49.40 PM.png

Inside the hollow model…  it was too complex to use SurfaceOffset or Shell so I had to gradually remove the insides using parametric objects with BooleanSubtract:

Screen Shot 2016-10-11 at 1.48.16 PM.png

Categories: 3DPrinting

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s